help definition business/individual
Register: Business

Emergency contacts

The following numbers cover most emergency or urgent situations.  If you think we've missed an important contact, please let us know.

Emergency Contact More Information
Life-threatening emergency Dial 111 for Police, Fire, Coastguard or Ambulance service. Police
Wellington Free Ambulance
Poison help Call the Poisons Prevention Line on 0800 POISON (764 766), 24 hours 7 days.
Poisons Prevention
Civil defence emergency
See websites for information and advice.  For Bay specific information, see our Titahi Bay Civil Defence page.
Civil Defence
Get Thru
Other Urgent Issue Contact More Information
Dangerous Driving Note the vehicle licence plate, time and brief description of driver then phone the Police on 111. Police
Family Violence Call Porirua Living Without Violence on 237 6009.  To contact the advocate for children and young people who witness family violence, email the Cannons Creek Fanau Centre.
Porirua Living Without Violence
Graffiti, vandalism, tagging and breaking bottles If you see it happening, phone the Police on 111.  If you discover it later, phone Porirua City Council on 237 5089, 24 hours 7 days. Porirua City Council Graffiti, Vandalism & Tagging
Health concerns Call Healthline on  0800 611 116, 24 hours 7 days. Healthline
Litter, garden waste and rubbish dumping Phone Porirua City Council on 237 5089, 24 hours 7 days - litter officers can sometimes track down offenders!  Garden rubbish can spread weeds. Take your rubbish to the Spicer Landfill.
Porirua City Council Littering & Rubbish Dumping
Medical If your GP is unavailable, Kenepuru Accident & Emergency Clinic is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Kenepuru Accident & Emergency Clinic
Problem dogs Call Animal Control at Porirua City Council on 237 5089, 24 hours 7 days. Porirua City Council Animal Control
Women's Refuge
Call Women's Refuge on 234 6118
Women's Refuge
Environment hotline Call 0800 496 734 and tell them if anything looks or smells wrong in streat gutters, streams or harbour. Greater Wellington Regional Council - Land management